College-wide Navigational Links | Go to Local Content
Main Content |

Commodities: Field Crops: Forages

Common Terms Used in Animal Feeding and Nutrition

Glossary: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Undegradable Intake Protein (UIP): UIP is sometimes used as another name for by-pass protein, escape protein or Rumen Undegradable Protein (RUP). The use of UIP is sometimes a misnomer since it is generally used to refer to material that is not degraded in the rumen but is degraded in the abomasum and is not truly “undegradable”. See by-pass protein for detail.