2016 Georgia Forages Conference at GCA
Forage production is the heart of Georgia’s livestock industry. Our diverse forage systems are some of the best in the world. For the fifth straight year, the Georgia Cattlemen's Annual Convention began with a focus on forages with the Georgia Forages' Conference starting off the week’s events. This Conference took place March 30, 2015 at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA. This event allowed us to team up with the Georgia Cattlemen's Association to offer a new learning opportunity in combination with the GCA's annual cattlemen's convention.
For more information, visit the Georgia Cattlemen's website or call 478-474-6560. Visit the GCA Convention and Trade Show website for more details on this program, as well as all the other exciting programs that were offered at this year's convention!
Material covered at the 2016 Georgia Forages Conference at the Georgia Cattlemen's Convention will be valuable to cattlemen who seek to learn more forage management.
Below is an outline of the major topics that were covered. Click the link for more information about the topic.
Warm Season Annual Forages for Finishing Beef Cattle: Forage and Animal Production
Warm Season Annual Forages for Finishing Beef Cattle: Beef Quality
- Utilization of Summer Annual Forages in Georgia for Beef Finishing Systems on Meat Quality and Shelf Life Characteristics
Cool and Warm Season Annual Forage Insects
Bermudagrass Stem Maggot: Control Options
- Systems Approach to Beef Production Developing a Basic Management Plan
- Stockpiled Tifton 44 Bermudagrass for Dry, Pregnant Beef Cows
- Stockpiled Tifton 85 Bermudagrass as an Alternative to Feeding Hay for Lactating Beef Cows
- Beef Cattle Performance From Grazed Mixtures of Triticale and Wheat with Ryegrass