2017 Georgia Forages Conference
Forage production is the heart of Georgia’s livestock industry. Our diverse forage systems are some of the best in the world. For the fifth straight year, the Georgia Cattlemen's Annual Convention began with a focus on forages with the Georgia Forages' Conference starting off the week’s events. This Conference took place March 29, 2017 in Perry, GA. This event allowed us to team up with the Georgia Cattlemen's Association to offer a new learning opportunity in combination with the GCA's annual cattlemen's convention.
For more information, visit the Georgia Cattlemen's Association website or call 478-474-6560. Visit the GCA Convention and Trade Show website for more details on this program, as well as all the other exciting programs that were offered at this year's convention!
Material covered at the 2017 Georgia Forages Conference at the Georgia Cattlemen's Convention will be valuable to cattlemen who seek to learn more forage management.
Below is an outline of the major topics that were covered. Click the link for more information about the topic.
- Scoring Pasture Condition to Prioritize Renovations
- Supplemental Material: Pasture Condition Score Sheet Instructions
- Renovation Recommendations for Pastures Following Drought
- Weather Outlook for the 2017 Growing Season
- Weed Control Recommendations for Pastures and Hayfields
- Adding Alfalfa to Bermudagrass to Increase Forage Quality
- Forage Brassicas: Where Do they Fit?
- Summer Annual Forage-Finishing Beef
- Bermudagrass Stem Maggot: Agronomic Research Update
- Control Options for Stem Maggot and Fall Armyworm
- Supplemental Material: Perennial Grass Insect Control