News Article Archives
- Brunswickgrass: The Problem Hiding in Plain Sight - Georgia Cattlemen - January 2018
- Using Alfalfa Bermudagrass Mixtures in the Southeast - Georgia Cattlemen - January 2018
- Are Clovers Worth it? - Hay and Forage Grower - February 2018
- Alfalfa in the South - Georgia Cattlemen - February 2018
- Phytoestrogens in Clover: Good or Evil? - Progressive Forage - March 2018
- Hay Handling and Hauling Trends - Progressive Forage - May 2018
- Scouting and Planning for the Bermudagrass Stem Maggot - Georgia Cattlemen - May 2018
- Enhancing Crabgrass Control in Hayfields - Georgia Cattlemen - May 2018
- Silvopasture - Georgia Cattlemen - June 2018
- Are Greens good for you? - Hay and Forage Grower - August 2018
- Hotter Than The Fourth of July: Toxic Tall Fescue - August 2018
- K is the Key to High Yields and Good Stands - Georgia Cattlemen - August 2018
- The Ryegrass Confusion - Georgia Cattlemen - September 2018
- Reviving Pastures Following Drought - February 2017
- Making Great Baleage - March 2017
- Baling, Wrapping, and Storage Strategies for Great Baleage - May 2017
- Feeding Baleage and Handling the Plastic After Removal - July 2017
- Forage Brassicas Make Quick Forage in the Fall - August 2017
- Establishing Forage Brassicas: Research Update - September 2017
- Getting Winter Annuals to Turn a Profit - September 2017
- Annual Ryegrass Control in Hayfields - October 2017
- Your Seed Likely Came from Oregon - December 2017
- 300 Days of Grazing - February 2016
- Establishing Bermudagrass from Sprigs or Tops - March 2016
- Bermudagrass Stem Maggot Research Update - May 2016
- What is the Perfect Pasture? - July 2016
- Using RFQ: Defining Quality and Categorizing Hay - August 2016
- Planning for this Winter - September 2016
These are recent articles written by the UGA Extension Forage Specialist for various national public press outlets.
- Managing Forages to Meet Beef Cattle Nutrient Needs - National Cattlemen's Beef Association - April 2017
- Five Lessons We Could Learn from Kiwis - Hay and Forage Grower Magazine - March 2017
- Dairying in the land of the Kiwi - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - March 2017
- A New Era for New Zealand Dairies - Progressive Dairyman Magazine - February 2017
- Off with Their Heads: The Pros and Cons of Fescue Seedhead Suppression - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - February 2017
- Minimizing the Impact of Hay Feeding - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - September 2016
- Going Through the Drill - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - July 2016
- Sugarcane Aphids Threaten Sorghum - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - June 2016
- Fertilizer Prices: The Game Has Changed, Again - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - April 2016
- Managing the Ryegrass Transition - Hay and Forage Grower Magazine - April 2016
- Soil Organic Matter: The Secret to Successful Farming - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - March 2016
- Nipping Tall Fescue in the Bud - Drover's Cow-Calf Magazine - February 2016
- Poultry litter: Black gold or black plague? - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - January 2016
- Georgia producers share poultry litter tips - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - January 2016
- Some Points on Feeding Baled Silage - Progressive Cattleman Magazine - January 2016
- Stretching Grazing to the Limit - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - December 2015
- What to do about the moldy hay in your barn - Southeast Farm Press - November 2015
- Is using ‘frost in a bottle’ worth it for pastures? - Southeast Farm Press - September 2015
- Forage pest problems on rise in South - Southeast Farm Press - July 2015
- Alfalfa in the South? - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - June 2015
- When is hay dry enough? - Southeast Farm Press - June 2015
- Consider field efficiency when selecting haymaking equipment - Progressive Forage Grower Magazine - April 2015
- Winter/Spring 2007: Vol 5 Number 1
Weed control of annual ryegrass; Intake rate of annual ryegrass; Good Question!: Teff, Net energy for lactation of bermudagrass compared to other crops, seeded bermudagrasses; Research Highlights: Persistence of NE, Wild type EI, and E- Jesup Tall Fescue; Herbage response of bahiagrass to management intensity.
- Summer 2005: Vol 4 Number 2
2005 Tri-State Hay Contest, Heat Monitoring of Hay, Sampling Hay Lots, Bermudagrass Leaf Spot Information, TN/GA Bermudagrass Workshop Scheduled.
- Spring 2004 : Vol 3 Number 1
Herbicide update, website update, upcoming field days, hay season tips, timely management tips.
- Summer 2004: Vol 3 Number 2
Testing rained-on or late-cut hay is important, potential late summer hay field and pasture problems, forage herbicide update (picloram plantback, diuron for bermudagrass, Surmount and Pasturegard), forage calendar, non-toxic tall fescue will pay for cow-calf producers, abstract of interest.
- Spring 2003 : Vol 2 Number 1
New Forage Website and Publications, Dormant Sprigging Bermudagrass, White Grubs in Forages, Effects of Ryegrass in Bermudagrass Pastures
- Summer 2003 : Vol 2 Number 2
Web Page Update, Forage Fed Beef Issues, Bermudagrass Hay Testing Program, Georgia Grazing School Planned.
- Fall 2003 : Vol 2 Number 3
Georgia Grazing School Update, Two-lined Spittlebugs, 2003 Recommended Small Hrain Forage Varieties, Forage Calendar, Abstract of Interest.
- Winter 2003 : Vol 2 Number 4
Frost Seeding, Replacing Toxic Tall Fescue, Upcoming Events, Abstract of Interest.
- June-July 2002 : Vol 1 Number 1
Bermudagrass Leaf Spot, Equine Bermudagrass Preference
- August-September 2002 : Vol 1 Number 2
Cool Season Annuals, Rotational vs. Continuous Grazing of Tall Fescue-Bermudagrass Mixtures
- Fall 2002
What's Happened to the Small Grains Pastures?