Latest and Most Common Questions
Other Common Questions
- Is it feasible to stockpile bermudagrass for fall and early winter grazing?
- What about growing switchgrass in Georgia?
- Is there a way to test for toxic fescue in my pastures (or hayfields)?
- What is it about tall fescue that causes animal problems (i.e., fescue toxicosis)?
- What is Management-intensive Grazing (MiG) and what can it do for my farm?
- What do all of those grazing terms mean?
- How long should I wait to graze newly planted forages?
- Does aerating or using a renovator on hay and pasture fields pay?
- Is orchardgrass a good grass species for horse pastures?
- Is there a difference in drying time between flail type and roller type conditioners? I am considering buying one or the other and need advice.
- What is the nutritional value of corn fodder/stover (stalks, shucks, and left over grain after harvesting)? What is it worth?
- I've got a lot of Johnsongrass (or Sorghum, sudangrass, etc.) in my pasture/hayfield and we just got a frost. What should I do about prussic acid poisoning?
- My pastures contain a lot of dallisgrass and I have noticed that my animals get spooked real easy. Is there a connection?
- My supplier has got a cheaper variety of rye, wheat, oats, or ryegrass. What's the difference between it and the ones you recommend?
- I have a lot of sicklepod, coffee senna (aka coffee weed), and/or pigweed in a crop field. I want to graze or bale up the crop residue. Are those weeds going to cause a problem?