2016 Southeast Hay Convention
The 2016 Southeast Hay Convention Presented by Kubota was held on March 8-9, 2016 at the Sunbelt Ag Expo grounds in Moultrie, GA. This event was another resounding success! An archived copy of the agenda is provided here. We are also proud to welcome Kubota as a partner in this program. Program details are provided below.
Below is an outline of the major topics that were covered. Click the link for more information about the topic.
- Fertilization Outlook for Hay Producers
- Climate Outlook and Implications for the Hay Market
- Weed Management Recommendations for 2016
- Weed Biology and Competition with Forage Crops
- The Uptake, Mode of Action, and Fate of Herbicides Used in Hayfields
- Herbicide Resistance: A Growing Issue for Hay Producers
- Calibrating and Cleaning Pesticide Application Equipment
- Selecting Appropriate Nozzles
- Growing Alfalfa in the South
- Alfalfa Management and Trait Selection
- Forage Quality Improvements When Using Alfalfa
- Insect Management Update
- Bermudagrass Stem Maggot Research Update
- The Keys to Making Great Baleage
- Sampling Hay and Baleage for Forage Analysis
- Renovation and Seedbed Preparation
- Methods of Vegetative Establishment
Putting on these events can be extremely expensive. Therefore, we are extremely appreciative of contributions of our program sponsors. Please extend a thank you to Kubota Tractor Corporation, our Title Sponsor for this year's event; our Break Sponsors: Inland Tarp & Liner; America's Alfalfa; TeeJet, and The Wax Company; as well as our other Exhibitors.